Acceptable Use Policy
Effective date: November 8, 2019
Hi there, welcome to the Tutoring Acceptable Use Policy! Don’t we know you from somewhere? Oh, that’s right, from the Tutoring Terms of Service. Remember that your use of the Tutoring Service is always subject to the Tutoring Terms of Service, which incorporates this Tutoring Acceptable Use Policy. Any terms we use here without defining them have the definitions given to them in the Tutoring Terms of Service.
- You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission or otherwise use the Service or interact with the Service in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Edmodo);
- Violates any law or regulation;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- Attempts to meet up outside of the service with a Tutor, if you are a student, or with a Student, if you are a Tutor;
- Attempts to obtain personal information of a Student, if you are a Tutor, or of a Tutor, if you are a Student;
- Jeopardizes the security of your Tutoring Service account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log on as you on the Service);
- Helps a student cheat or is any form of plagiarism;
- Is any conduct with the intent or result to trick the Service to garner additional payments;
- Is any form of fraudulent activity, including, without limitation, accepting payment for tutoring services that did not occur or soliciting or receiving tutoring services with no intention of following through with payment;
- Attempts to reactivate an account or become a Tutor on the Service after being deactivated or terminated;
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Service, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Service (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Service’s infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page or portion of the Service (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code of the Service.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- You will not register for the Service as any category of user that you do not legitimately qualify for. For example, if you’re a student, you will not register as a Tutor or any other category the Tutoring Service offers now or in the future.